Welcome to Galway Atlantaquaria, the National Aquarium of Ireland. As Ireland’s largest Native Species Aquarium, we are the perfect location for school tours and workshops based around Ireland’s marine environment and biodiversity, sustainability, environmental awareness, care and ecology investigation.
We cater for students of all ages, with options available to pre-school, primary, secondary and third level educational needs. We are located on the seafront in Salthill, within easy access to parking, food service providers and habitats to explore.
Our educational options include
· Galway Field Studies Modules including Grassland and Seashore Ecology Investigations (secondary level only)
· Seashore Safari’s (preschool and primary)*
· Animal anatomy workshop based around a squid dissection (primary and secondary)*
· Engineering Workshops based on designing flood defences* (primary and secondary)
· Maths Workshop based around tank design in the aquarium (primary and secondary)
· Sustainability Workshop based on fisheries and sustainably food production (secondary)
· Marine Litter Workshop based on materials and environmental awareness and care, and responsible personal choices. Option to include a beach clean on our local shore available to schools. (primary and secondary)
· Water Investigations Workshop based on the properties and characteristics of water and the oceans. (pre-school and primary)*
*DPSM accredited workshops.
All workshops include a one hour guided tour of the aquarium. Our Galway Field Studies modules provide grassland and seashore field studies which are ideal for junior and leaving certificate students.
We are also a designated Discover Primary Science and Maths Centre, meaning a visit to us will help your school achieve its ‘Award of Excellence’ under the DPSM scheme.
All workshops include a one hour guided tour of the aquarium. All our staff are highly experienced in the delivery of education workshops and fieldwork, Garda vetted and trained in child protection policy & practice.
We are open daily from 10-5, and provide a host of indoor and outdoor activities all year round. Have a look at our YouTube Channel
Contact us today, call 091 585 100 or email email@example.com
C/O Toft Park, Promenade Salthill, Galway City. H91 T2FD.