There were 27,200 home energy upgrades supported SEAI grant schemes in 2022 according to a recently published report.
Among the key insights in the report are:
- 27,199 property upgrades were completed in 2022, up almost 80%
- Of these upgrades, 4.438 were fully funded upgrades for low-income households, up 85% year on year.
- 437 Approved Housing Body homes were supported under the One-Stop-Shop Scheme and an additional 95 low-income houses were supported under the Community Energy Grants Scheme.
- Roof and cavity wall insulation measures, the simplest thing you can do to maintain heat in your home, grew by 107% between 2021 and 2022
- The number of homes upgraded to a BER B2 almost doubled, to 8,481
- SEAI processed more than 50,000 grant applications
- SEAI registered 12 One Stop Shop service providers
- Capital expenditure on retrofit was €188 million in 2022, up 90% on 2021
- 40.27kt CO2 emissions savings in 2022, up more than 80% on 2021